To provide social security to employees in unorganized sectors, the Government of India launched the e-Shram Yojana. Furthermore, the government introduced the e-Shram gateway to benefit workers in unorganized sectors (companies with less than 10 workers). The e-Shram portal's goal is to collect a database of unorganized workers to supply them with the perks of different government programs.
If you work in an unorganized sector, you must apply for a Shramik card or an e-Shram card. Laborers and workers in unorganized sectors can get various benefits through the e-Shram card, such as retirement after 60 years, death insurance, financial assistance in case of incapacity, and many other government programs. The e-Shram card's goal is to provide access to unorganized workers to all new government programs and facilities via the e-Shram card.
The unorganized sector consists of organizations that sell services and products and employ fewer than ten people. And they are not protected by ESIC or EPFO. Unorganized workers include anyone who works in the unorganized sector. They can be people working from home, self-employed, and not members of ESIC or EPFO.
One can obtain the e-Shram card through the CSC (Common Service Centre) or the e-Shram website. Eligible individuals can apply for the e-Shram card at their nearest SC center (or online). They can use the e-Shram portal to find the nearest CSC center by providing the state and district where they want to apply for the e-Shram card.
The following steps are the procedure for submitting an online application for an e-Shram card:
1. Go to the e-Shram website (Self-registration page).
2. Click the 'Send OTP' button after entering the Aadhaar-linked mobile number and captcha code.
3. Your registered mobile number will receive a one-time password (OTP). Enter your OTP and press the 'Validate' button.
4. Confirm the personal information displayed on the screen.
5. Enter the necessary information, such as your address and educational qualifications.
6. Choose the skill, the nature of the business, and the type of work.
7. Enter your bank information and choose self-declaration.
8. Click the 'Preview' button to double-check the information you have provided before clicking the 'Submit' button.
9. You will get a one-time password (OTP) to your registered mobile number. Fill in the OTP and then press the 'Verify' button.
10. The e-Shram card is created and shown on the screen.
11. By selecting the download option, you can also obtain the e-Shram card.
After applying for an e-Shram card, follow the steps below to download the card:
1. Visit the e-Shram website.
2. Select the 'Update/download UAN card' option from the 'Already Registered' tab.
3. Enter your UAN, date of birth, and captcha code, then click the 'Generate OTP' button.
4. Enter the OTP sent to your mobile phone and click the 'Validate' button.
5. Confirm the confidential info displayed on the screen.
6. Click the 'Preview' button to double-check the information you have provided before clicking the 'Submit' button.
7. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) for the mobile number. Enter the OTP and then press the 'Verify' button.
8. The e-Shram card is created and shown on the screen.
9. You can download the card by clicking on the 'Download' option.
1. Aadhar card
2. The mobile number linked with the Aadhar card
3. A valid bank account
Unorganized workers who have an e-Shram card will receive the following benefits:
1. After reaching 60 years, the cardholder will be entitled to a monthly pension of Rs.3,000.
2. In the event of a worker's partial disability, death insurance of Rs.2,00,000 and financial assistance of Rs.1,00,000 are provided.
3. If a beneficiary (a worker in an unorganized sector with an e-Shram card) dies from an accident, the spouse will receive all benefits.
4. Beneficiaries will be assigned a 12-digit UAN number that will be valid throughout India.
1. Any person working in an unorganized industry is eligible.
2. Workers must be between the ages of 16 and 59.
3. Workers must have a valid mobile number linked to their Aadhaar card.
Helpline toll-free number – 14434 (Monday to Sunday)
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Visit the e-Shram website.
b. Select the 'E-Aadhaar Card Beneficiary Status Check' button.
c. click the 'Submit' button after enter
d. You can view the payment status of e-Shram.
Employees with an e-Shram card will receive a monthly pension of 3000 INR after 60 years of age. They will also receive Rs.2 lakh in death insurance and Rs.1 lakh in financial assistance in the event of a partial handicap.
Anyone between the ages of 16 and 59 working in an unorganized sector (unorganized worker) can request an e-Shram card. However, such a worker must have a legitimate mobile number linked to an Aadhaar card.