The Prime Minister of India launched the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) on 11th October 2014. The SAGY aims to develop three Adarsh Grams by March 2019 and develop five Adarsh Grams by 2024. Out of the target of developing three Adarsh Grams, one was achieved by 2016.
Under this scheme, the people of the Adarsh Grams will be provided quality access to basic amenities and opportunities for enabling them to shape their destiny. It focuses on developing the villages and motivating the rural people on social mobilization of the village community.
Let us understand a bit more about the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana further in this article
The objectives of the SAGY are:
1. To start processes that lead to the holistic development of the identified Gram Panchayats.
2. To substantially improve the quality of life and standard of living of every section of the population through:
3. Improved basic amenities
4. Enhanced human development
5. Higher productivity
6. Reduced disparities
7. Better livelihood opportunities
8. Wider social mobilization
9. Access to rights and entitlements
10. Enriched social capital
11. To generate effective local governance and local-level development models that motivates and inspires the neighboring Gram Panchayats to adapt and learn.
12. To nurture the identified Adarsh Grams as schools of local development to train other Gram Panchayats.
The developmental activities in the identified Adarsh Gram include:
1. Personal development.
2. Human development.
3. Social development.
4. Economic development.
5. Environmental development
6. Basic amenities and services.
7. Social security
The implementation of the SAGY is as follows:
Advocates and Legal Services: Is GST Applicable?
Non-Resident Taxable Person In GST- All you wanted to know
Best Electronics Shops In Bangalore - Complete List