E-way bill or EWB is an electronic document that is required for the transportation of goods worth more than Rs. 50,000 in value within India under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime. It serves as proof of the movement of goods and helps to keep track of their transportation. The e-way bill is generated through the e-way bill portal and must be carried by the person in charge of the transportation of goods.
The e-way bill acts as a tool to monitor and check tax evasion and also helps to streamline the supply chain management process by reducing transit time and improving transparency. The e-way bill is valid for a specified time period and can be updated, modified, rejected, or cancelled as required.
1. Login to the e-way bill portal: Go to the e-way bill portal and log in using your credentials.
2. Navigate to the Reject option: Once you have logged in, navigate to the "Reject" section of the portal.
3. Enter the e-way bill number: Enter the e-way bill number for which you need to reject the e-way bill.
4. Provide a reason for rejection: You will be asked to provide a reason for the rejection of the e-way bill.
5. Submit the rejection request: Once you have provided the reason, submit the rejection request.
It's important to note that you can only reject an e-way bill within 24 hours of its generation. Beyond this time frame, you will not be able to reject the e-way bill. Rejecting an e-way bill is important to avoid any penalties or legal consequences as it serves as proof of transportation of goods.To view the e-way bill created against the citizen's GSTIN, the client can run a report by choosing the date on which the e-Way Bill was produced and tapping the submit button. In the accompanying screen, the gateway shows all the e-way bills created on that specific date. The beneficiary can pick the e-way bill for dismissal by checking the checkbox on the right half of the e-Way Bill and tapping on submit. Subsequent to choosing the bill for rejection, the On accommodation, the e-way bill would be dropped.
As the other party, one can convey the acknowledgment or rejection of a transfer determined in the e-Way Bill. On the off chance that the acknowledgment or rejection isn't imparted in any less than 72 hours from the hour of generation of the e-way bill, it is considered that he has acknowledged the subtleties.
Reverse Charge Mechanism u/s 9 (4) - Double collection of GST
How to Change of E-Mail ID Mobile No. in GST in Case of Proprietorship
OTHER MACHINERY - GST RATES and HSN CODE 4424