The e-Way Bill portal provides several facilities to make the process of generating and cancelling e-Way Bills easier and more convenient. In addition to this, it also addresses various procedural issues faced by users by offering features like SMS facility, Sub-users, and Masters.
In order to use these facilities, a supplier or transporter must register on the e-Way Bill portal.
Sub-users are necessary because businesses that have multiple branches or locations or work remotely from their main place of business may face challenges generating e-Way Bills with just one login. The concept of sub-users has been introduced to overcome this challenge. Sub-users can use the same login credentials and perform actions based on the access granted to them, such as generating e-Way Bills or rejecting them.
1. Click "Create Sub-user" under the "User Management" option on the left side of the dashboard
2. An OTP will be sent to the registered email ID/mobile number. Enter it and click "Validate"
3. Enter the details on the "User Creation" screen and click "Submit"
Enter a desired "Suffix Login ID" (Sub-User name) and check its availability by clicking "Check"
1. Enter the name, address, designation, mobile number, and email ID of the authorized personnel who will use this sub-user ID
2. Choose the place of businesses/branches for which the sub-user can generate e-Way Bills
3. Select the facilities available for the sub-user on the e-Way Bill portal such as e-Way Bill generation, cancellation, rejection, report generation, or updating masters
4. Click "Submit" and if there are no errors, the sub-user will be created and a password will be automatically generated and sent to the contact details of the sub-user
To update the sub-user, click "Update Sub-user" under the "User Management" option on the left side of the dashboard, make changes, and click "Update."
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click "Freeze Sub-user" under the "User Management" option on the left side of the dashboard
2. Select the sub-user you want to freeze and click the "Freeze" button at the bottom of the screen
3. Once the "Freeze" button is clicked, the sub-user will no longer have access to any facilities on the e-Way Bill portal.