Vegetable products play a crucial role in the Indian market, and it's essential to understand the GST rates and HSN codes associated with them to ensure that your business is compliant with Indian tax laws. In this article, we will discuss GST rates and HSN codes for vegetable products.
The GST rates for vegetable products are determined by the government of India and are based on the type of product. The GST rate for vegetable products ranges from 0% to 18%.
Some of the vegetable products that come under the 0% GST rate category include fresh vegetables, uncooked vegetables, potatoes, onions, garlic, and many more. These products do not attract any GST as they are considered essential commodities.
The GST rate for processed vegetable products such as pickles, sauces, and ketchups is 12%. Similarly, the GST rate for dried vegetables, canned vegetables, and vegetable juices is 18%.
HSN codes are essential for businesses to categorize their products and determine the GST rates applicable to them. Here are some of the HSN codes for vegetable products:
1. HSN code 0701: Potatoes, fresh or chilled
2. HSN code 0702: Tomatoes, fresh or chilled
3. HSN code 0703: Onions, shallots, garlic, leeks, and other alliaceous vegetables, fresh or chilled
4. HSN code 0710: Vegetables (uncooked or cooked by steaming or boiling in water), frozen
5. HSN code 0711: Vegetables provisionally preserved (for example, by sulphur dioxide gas, in brine, in sulphur water or in other preservative solutions), but unsuitable in that state for immediate consumption
6. HSN code 0712: Vegetables, dried, whether or not sliced or in the form of pellets
7. HSN code 0713: Dried leguminous vegetables, shelled, whether or not skinned or split
8. HSN code 2001: Vegetables, fruit, nuts, fruit-peel and other parts of plants, preserved by sugar (drained, glacé, crystallized or in syrup), honey and natural water, but unsuitable in that state for immediate consumption
Vegetable products are essential commodities that form a significant part of the Indian economy. Understanding GST rates and HSN codes for vegetable products is crucial to ensure that your business is compliant with Indian tax laws. By following the guidelines provided by the Indian government, you can avoid any penalties or legal issues and run your business smoothly.
Electricity Distribution Services - GST Rates SAC CODE 9969
MOLYBDENUM ORES CONCENTRATES - GST RATES HSN CODE 2613
GST RATES HSN CODE 1520 - GLYCEROL CRUDE