Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is the central government program that provides financial assistance to farmers and their families. The Telangana government first introduced the PM-KISAN scheme as the Rythu Bandhu scheme, in which the qualified farmers get a fixed sum directly. Later, during the 2019 Indian Provisional Federal Budget, Piyush Goyal confirmed that the program gets executed in every state.
On February 24, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated his PM-KISAN program in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. Every small farmer will receive 6,000 INR each year in three installments paid directly to their bank accounts under this scheme. The Federal Government will fund the total annual expenses of this program, which is expected to be 75,000 crores each year.
The Telangana government launched the Ryuthu Bandhu scheme in 2018. This initiative saw the state government disburse a set amount twice a year to farmers to help them invest in agriculture. This initiative was widely recognized and praised for its direct benefits to farmers.
In response, the Indian government launched a similar Farmer's Investment Support Scheme to provide financial assistance to farmers across the country. On December 1, 2018, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana went into effect. According to the government's initial announcement, this scheme will receive 75000 crore INR each year.
1. Institutional landowner
2. PSUs, local government agencies, current or retired government officials, and employees.
3. Those with a high socioeconomic status are not eligible.
4. Those who are subject to income tax
5. Farmer families with constitutional positions
6. Doctors, engineers, and lawyers are examples of professionals.
7. Retired pensioners receiving a monthly pension of more than Rs 10,000
1. Farmers must contact a local revenue officer (patwari) or a nodal officer (nominated by the state government)
2. The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorized to register farmers for the scheme in exchange for fees.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a central sector program run by the Government of India. This system was implemented to increase income opportunities for many small farmers. The following are the primary goals of the PM-KISAN program.
1. Give income assistance to all eligible landholders and their families.
2. The PM-KISAN program also seeks to supplement farmers' financial needs by acquiring a variety of inputs to maintain optimal plant health and yields proportionate with predicted agricultural income. The program is projected to increase the reach of PM-KISAN to estimated 14.5 million beneficiaries.
3. It aims to reach over 200 million farmers with a central government-funded budget of 87,217.50 crores INR.
The followings are the benefits and impacts of the PM-KISAN schemes:
1. One of the most significant advantages of this program is the direct transfer of funds. On December 25, 2020, in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rs.18,000 crores were transferred directly to the bank accounts of 9 crore farmers.
2. All farmer records are officially registered on a digital platform, making registration and fund transfer simple. This welfare scheme has gotten a fresh start thanks to digitalized records.
3. This program alleviates farmers' liquidity constraints.
4. The PM-KISAN Yojana is a significant step forward in the government's agricultural modernization initiatives.
5. There is no discrimination in the selection of PM-KISAN recipients.
Individuals interested in becoming beneficiaries of this scheme must submit the following documents:
1. Aadhaar Card as evidence of citizenship
2. Documents proving land ownership
3. Bank account information
If registering online, individuals must provide scanned copies of such documents.
As previously stated, the GOI pays 6000 INR in three installments every year. If an enrolled farmer has not received their payment on time, they can verify PM-KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana status, which is available online.
The following are the steps to follow.
1. Go to the official website of PMKSNY.
2. Select "Beneficiary Status" from the Farmer's Corner menu.
3. Enter your Aadhaar, authorized mobile number, or account number.
(Individuals can check the status of their receipt by entering any of the previously stated numbers)
Individuals can also check online whether they are on their village's beneficiary list for this scheme via its portal. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the farmer's corner tab labeled list of beneficiaries.
2. Select the state, district, sub-district, block, and village, and then click Get Report.
On the report, you can view the PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana) list for a specific village. So, this is all there is to know about the scheme's current status. Individuals who have not yet enrolled can do so to receive the next Rs. 2000 installment.
Under the PM-KISAN Scheme, beneficiaries will receive Rs.6,000 per year/per household in equal installments.
On February 24, 2019, India's Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, launched the PM-KISAN scheme. The scheme became effective on December 1, 2018.
The money will be transferred directly to the beneficiary's bank account under the PM-KISAN scheme. It is one of the government's agricultural modernization initiatives.
GST Rates HSN Code for Other Machines (8451)
Step-by-Step Guide to GST Refund Claims
How is GSTR-1A different from GSTR-1?