National small industries corporation also known as NSIC offers growth and support for the development of small, micro, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and the promotion of these enterprises. This undertaking was established by the government in 1955.
NSIC, presently, is a reputed mini-Ratna public sector undertaking that also holds ISO certification of 9001:2015. It is known to provide unified support services in various fields such as technology, support service, finance, and marketing. It registers micro and small enterprises under a single-point registration scheme for association in government purchases.
Now, in this article let us understand a bit more about national small industries corporations.
The applicant shall mandatorily meet their eligibility criteria before applying for NSIC registration:-
1. All Micro Enterprises whose investment in Plant & machinery is up to INR 25 lakhs and In-service sector up to INR 10 Lakhs, OR
2. All Small Enterprises whose investment in Plant & machinery is up to INR 5 Crore, In-service sector up to INR 2 crores, OR
3. Holding MSME Certificate.
4. Completed one year of business commencement.
There are various schemes available under NSIC registration, some of which include the following:-
1. A single-point registration scheme
2. Consortia and tender marketing
3. Procurement marketing scheme
4. Performance and credit rating scheme
5. Bill discounting scheme
6. Credit facilitation by banks
7. Marketing intelligence
8. The raw material assistance scheme
9. Procurement and marketing assistance scheme
10. Infomediary services
11. Skill development services
The documents required for NSIC registration are as follows:-
1. Identity proof and address proof of the registered person
2. Copy of acknowledgment of MSME registration
3. A Signed copy of PAN, Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) Number
4. A Signed copy of ownership documents of the business location
5. Copy of sales deed, if any
6. Declaration from the Directors, Partners, or Sole proprietor that whether or not they have any link with a large scale Unit.
7. List of quality control equipment and testing facilities available in the factory
8. Copy of test report from an independent lab, where applicable as mentioned in the relevant standard
9. Business existence proof of minimum 3 years along with proof of ownership of raw materials, plant/machinery, equipment, and tools
10. Particular employees involved in production and services
11. Particulars of entry made in the MSME data bank
12. Memorandum as per application’s Proforma “Annexure-F”
13. Review on quality control measurement chosen by the firm for quality control
14. Audited balance sheet and P/L for three years
15. Banker’s certificate
16. Copy of BIS license, if applicable
17. Copy of IOS 9000, not mandatory
Enterprises that are registered under MSME or have Udyog Aadhar Registration are eligible to get registered under NSIC.
For an NSIC certificate, an applicant needs to follow the following steps:
Step-1: An applicant (MSME) needs to visit the official website www.nsicspronline.com to obtain NSIC Certificate.
Step-2: To get registered as Single Point Registration Applicants, MSMEs are required to register in MSME Data Bank using UAM No. and PAN.
Step-3: Fill in the requisite details asked in the application form using PAN and UAM numbers.
Step-4: An applicant shall submit the application form, along with the necessary documents.
Step-5: Payment of a requisite fee to obtain the NSIC certificate.
Step-6: Once the payment is made and confirmed and documents get verified by the authority, the NSIC certificate shall be sent by post.
At the time of NSIC registration, various charges such as:-
Turnover of up to 1 crore
Turnover exceeding 1 crore INR
INR 3000 + INR 1500 for additional turnover exceeding 1 Crore
INR 5000 + INR 2000 for additional turnover exceeding 1 Crore
Rs.2000 for micro-sized enterprises
Rs.3000 for small-sized enterprises
NSIC stands for National Small Industries Corporation Limited.
Udyog Aadhar is a government registration that is provided to certify small/medium businesses or enterprises.
To uplift the SSI sector, NSIC has reserved 358 items for supply specifically for the SSIs.
The limit for obtaining provisional registration is 5 Lakhs.
GSTR-1 – Return Filing, Format, Eligibility Rules
GST on Royalty on Minerals excavated from Mines – Constitutional Validity
GST Invoicing for Import and Export Businesses