January 30, 2023
Shreeja Ray

Top 5 Leading Cable Manufacturers In India

The wire and cable section of the electrical industry is predicted to develop at a compound annual growth rate of 15 percent in India, where it accounts for approximately 40 percent of the industry overall. Given the current emphasis that the government is placing on the "Make in India" initiative, it is possible that the industry will continue to expand at the same rate over the course of the next five years. The following is a list of the top five aluminum cable producers in India. These five companies are expected to play a significant part in the transformation of the demand for aluminum cables during the time period under consideration.

Finolex Cables

Finolex Cables Ltd makes the most and largest amount of electric wires and cables in India. Over the years, the company has added a huge number of new products. In the past, it only made electric cables with PVC insulation for the auto industry. Today, it sells PVC-insulated industrial cables, FR-LSH-insulated industrial cables, multicore flexible industrial cables, 3-core flat cables, and power and control cables.

Power cables made by the "Finolex" brand are made with solid aluminum conductors up to 10 sq. mm in size. It is insulated with XLPE and wrapped on the inside with PVC tape. Another product is the "FINOLEX" brand stranded compact circular aluminum conductor and conductor screen with extruded semi-conducting compound. It has a PVC Type ST2 sheath that is extruded to protect it.


Polycab, an Indian company in the electrical industry that has been around for 40 years, has grown stronger by putting its R&D skills to use. Today, the company has a turnover of INR 5,750 crore and makes about $1 billion in sales every year. Its line of products includes things like L.V. PVC & XLPE control cables, M.V. We make power cables, EHV cables, screened or unscreened instrumentation cables, and speciality cables for the marine, oil and gas, extreme conditions, aircraft, space station, and automobile industries.

Polycab manufactures L.V. Copper and aluminum conductors are used in PVC and XLPE power cables (4 core x 4.0 sq. mm AYWY, 3 12 core x 50 sq. mm AYFY). An aluminum oxide film is always on the surface of an aluminum conductor. This film acts as a barrier to keep the aluminum conductor from rusting in an environment with a lot of fumes. Hard-drawn aluminum strips are also used to protect single-core cables and keep them from getting too hot.

KIE Industries

India and KIE Industries work together to improve the power transmission sector. The company has been making a wide variety of EHV, HT, LT, Control and Instrumentation cables and has been given the "Superbrand" title for the year 2014-2015. Its cables can have either aluminum or copper wires inside, and they are wrapped in strips of aluminum alloy. Together with the Swiss company Brugg Cables, KIE Industries has started making EHV cables with voltages up to 40 KV.

Other top companies in India that make aluminum cables are HPL Electric & Power, Capital Cables (India) Pvt Ltd, and so on. In the coming years, the market is likely to grow by a huge amount because existing companies are putting out more and more new, innovative products to meet the rising demand for power infrastructure.

Prime Cables Industries Ltd.

Over the course of the past several years, Prime Cables has solidified its position as one of the most successful Electric Cable Manufacturers and Suppliers in India. A significant number of Prime Cables' customers in India have selected the high-quality shielded cables offered by this company as their product of choice. The company's product line includes high-quality cables and wires that can withstand extreme temperatures and fire, as well as have a long expected lifespan.

Havells India Ltd.

Because they are insulated with high-quality PVC, Havells ensures that their wires will not catch fire under any circumstances. Its cable manufacturing facility can be found at Alwar, Rajasthan, and it is responsible for the annual production of around 70,000 kilometers of insulated cable. Havells is one of the top nine electric cable manufacturers and suppliers in India, selling more than 97% of its total production within India and the remaining 3% outside the nation.


Read More: Earth Tatva, Billing software for bookstore, 10 small business ideas for villages


GST Refund: What is a Provisional Order for Refund?
Be Prime Facilitator for Taxpayers in GST Migration: CBEC Chairman