As India moves towards a more digital economy, the government is constantly introducing new policies and reforms to streamline the taxation process. One such reform is the Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1. This new system, which was introduced in October 2020, has greatly simplified the process of filing GST returns for small and medium businesses in India.
GSTR-1 is a monthly or quarterly return that businesses registered under GST have to file. The return contains details of all the outward supplies made by the business in a given period. This includes details such as the invoice number, date, value of the goods or services supplied, and the amount of tax collected on these supplies.
Earlier, businesses had to manually enter all these details on the GST portal, which was a time-consuming process. However, with the introduction of the Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1, businesses can now file their returns with just a few clicks.
Under the Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1, businesses that have not made any outward supplies during a month or quarter can file their returns with just one click. This saves a lot of time and effort for small and medium businesses, who may not have the resources to hire accountants or tax professionals to help them with their GST returns.
To file a Single Click Nil Return, businesses have to follow these steps:
1. Login to the GST portal using their GSTIN and password
2. Select the GSTR-1 return for the relevant period
3. Click on the 'Nil Return' button
4. Confirm the filing of the return by clicking on the 'File Nil Return' button
That's it! The return will be filed and the acknowledgement will be generated immediately. The entire process can be completed in just a few minutes.
The Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1 has several benefits for small and medium businesses:
1. Time-saving : The process of filing GST returns is now much faster and easier, which saves small businesses a lot of time and effort.
2. Cost-saving : Small businesses can save money on hiring accountants or tax professionals to help them with their GST returns.
3. Reduced errors : Since the process of filing returns is now automated, there is a lower chance of errors or mistakes in the returns.
4. Compliance : By making it easier for businesses to file their returns, the government is encouraging compliance with the GST laws.
The Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1 is a major step towards simplifying the GST returns process for small and medium businesses in India. This new system makes it easier for businesses to file their returns, saves them time and money, and encourages compliance with the GST laws. Small businesses are the backbone of the Indian economy, and this reform will go a long way in supporting their growth and success.
How to Register as a GST Practitioner?
Your Guide to a Start-up Business Loan
GST on services provided by Liaison Office as an intermediary