Every Input Services Distributor must submit a monthly return detailing the invoices for which credit has been granted. It contains information about ITC received by an Input Service Distributor and how it was distributed. This GSTR-6 return is divided into eleven sections.
GSTR 6 lists all of the documents used to distribute Input Tax Credits and the method of distribution and the tax invoice on which credit is received. Even if it is a nil return, every ISD must file GSTR 6.
The deadline for filing GSTR 6 under the GST Act is the 13th of the following month. The daily late fee has been reduced to Rs. 50. When a NIL return is filed, however, there is no provision for reduction.
The GST does not allow for the revision of GSTR 6. Any errors in the return can be corrected the following month when filing GSTR 6.
GSTR 6A is an automatically generated form based on information provided by Input Service Distributors' suppliers in their GSTR 1. The GSTR-6A form is read-only. Any adjustments to GSTR-6A must be made while filing GSTR-6.
You are not required to file GSTR-6A. This is a read-only file. GSTR-6A can be viewed by going to the GST Portal's Return Dashboard and clicking on the GSTR6A tile 'PREPARE ONLINE'.
An ISD must file GSTR-6 after adding, correcting, or deleting details in GSTR-6A. As a result, most of the information in GSTR 6 is auto-populated from the information approved in GSTR 6.
1. GSTIN Provide the GSTIN of the dealer for whom the return is being filed.
2. Name of the Registered Person The taxpayer's name will be auto-populated.
3. Input tax credit received for distribution -This section's information will be filled in automatically. The section will contain invoice-by-invoice details of all received inputs that are distributed as ITC.
4. Total ITC/Eligible ITC/ Ineligible ITC to be distributed for the tax period: This section must include the total of all ITC earned by the Input Service Distributor, broken down into total ITC, eligible ITC, and ineligible ITC.
5. Distribution of input tax credit reported in Table 4: The ISD reports the entire distribution of ITC in this table in the return. The dealer who receives the credit will be able to claim the ITC based on this.
6. Amendments in the information furnished in earlier returns in Table No. 3: It is possible to correct any errors in the invoice details for inward supplies provided in previous returns. Here you must enter the details of any invoice modifications.
7. Input tax credit miss-matches and reclaims to be distributed in the tax period: This table can be used to make changes to the total ITC due to mismatch or the ITC reclaimed due to mismatch rectification.
8. Distribution of input tax credit reported in Tables No. 6 and 7 (plus/minus): Changes to the amount of credit distributed to dealers due to information entered in Tables 6 and 7 can be made here.
9. Redistribution of ITC distributed to the wrong recipient (plus/minus): This table can be used to record any incorrect ITC distribution to dealers in previous returns.
10. Late Fees: (if any) that are paid by the dealer have to be entered in this section.
11. Refund claimed from electronic cash ledger: Details of the refund to be claimed from the electronic cash ledger will be included.