Edit GSTR-1 Return Before Filing on GST Portal
GST return filing is mandatory for all businesses registered under GST. GSTR-1 is a monthly or quarterly return filed by the supplier of goods and services. It contains details of all the outward supplies made during the month or quarter. However, it is not uncommon for mistakes to creep in when filing the returns. The GST portal provides an option to edit GSTR-1 returns before filing to correct any errors. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with the process.
Steps to Edit GSTR-1 Return Before Filing on GST Portal
Follow the steps below to edit GSTR-1 return on GST portal:
- Visit the official GST portal and log in using your credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to the 'returns' section and select the GSTR-1 option.
- Click on the 'prepare online' button to begin the editing process.
- The GSTR-1 form will open in edit mode. You can now make changes to the details of your invoices. Make sure to double-check all the details before saving the changes.
- After making the necessary changes, click on the 'preview' button to ensure that the changes have been made correctly.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, click on the 'submit' button to file the edited GSTR-1 return.
It is important to note that once the edited GSTR-1 return is filed, it cannot be edited or amended further. Therefore, it is essential to make sure that all the details are correct before submitting the return.
Changing Invoice Details in GSTR-1 Return
One of the primary reasons for editing GSTR-1 returns is to correct the details of the invoices. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you change invoice details in GSTR-1 return:
- Log in to the GST portal and access the GSTR-1 return.
- Click on the 'invoice details' tab to view the details of all the invoices.
- Select the invoice that you want to edit and click on the 'edit' button next to it.
- You can now make the necessary changes to the details of the invoice, such as the invoice number, date, and amount.
- Once you have made the changes, click on the 'save' button to save the edited invoice.
- Repeat the process for all the invoices that you want to edit.
- After you have made all the necessary changes, preview the edited GSTR-1 return to ensure that all the details are correct.
- If everything is in order, submit the edited GSTR-1 return.
GST return filing can be a cumbersome process, but the GST portal provides several features to make it easier for taxpayers. Editing GSTR-1 returns before filing is one such feature that allows taxpayers to correct any errors that may have crept in. By following the step-by-step guide mentioned above, you can easily edit your GSTR-1 return and change invoice details.
However, it is important to note that the edited GSTR-1 return cannot be amended further, so it is crucial to be careful when making changes to the return.
What is Strategy for New India@75?
GST on Wet Grinders: A Detailed Overview
Artificial Graphite - GST Rates and HSN Code 3801