The Assam government launched the Atal Amrit Abhiyan to cover critical care for BPL and APL families and make healthcare more affordable. Under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan, the APL and BPL families receive cashless treatment for medical aid. Medic Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited is implementing the Atal Amrit Yojana.
The Medic Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited issues the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Card to the eligible individual adult members of the BPL and APL families under this scheme. After issuing the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Card, the cardholder can get medical aid in recognized hospitals under this scheme.
Let us understand a bit more about Atal Amrit Abhiyan in this article
The Atal Amrit Abhiyan aims to provide cashless treatment and coverage of critical care for BPL and low-income households. It aims to provide affordable medical treatment and limit the disastrous financial impact that households experience on medical expenditure. The Assam government launched the Atal Amrit Abhiyan to address the vulnerability faced by the BPL and low-income households in the State.
1. All individual adult members of eligible families can enroll in this scheme through Medic Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited.
2. The eligible beneficiaries are issued a laminated ID card containing a unique identification number to facilitate a cashless treatment facility at the impaneled hospitals.
3. Children below 18 years can be enrolled along with the head of the family.
4. A nominal amount of Rs.100 must be paid by all individual adult members of the eligible families as enrolment fees annually.
1. All BPL families in Assam have an annual income below Rs.1.2 lakh.
2. All APL families in Assam have an annual income between Rs.1.2 to 5 lakh.
3. Central and state government employees, both current and retired, are not eligible.
1. It provides inpatient treatment facilities at the impaneled hospitals with a maximum limit of Rs.2 lakh per individual member p.a. within and outside Assam.
2. The medical treatment covers the procedures for the following diseases:
a. Cardiovascular diseases
b. Renal (kidney) diseases
d. Neurological conditions
e. Neonatal diseases
3. It provides cashless treatment and healthcare facilities.
4. Patient admission does not require payment.
5. It covers consultations, medicine, diagnoses, and hospital stay.
6. It covers a daily allowance for the traveling expenses of visitors.
The application process for Atal Amrit Abhiyan is simple and easy to do with the following required steps:-
1. Visit the official website at https://nhm.assam.gov.in/.
2. Scroll down and click on the ‘Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application Format’ option.
3. It will download the application form. Take a printout of the application.
4. Fill in all the details in the application form.
5. Submit the filled application form with the required documents to the Office of the Joint Director of Health Services of the concerned district.
The applicants are required to submit the following documents along with the application form:
1. Voter ID card.
2. Income certificate.
3. Patient photograph, attested by a doctor.
4. EPIC card (for minors, birth certificate).
5. NFSA card, if applicable.
Before heading to the above-mentioned hospitals or the nearest enrolment center, you can access all the information about the Atal Amrit Yojana at https://atalamritabhiyaan.aaas-assam.in/.
To learn more about the scheme, you can also call the Atal Amrit Abhiyan helpline number at 1800 102 7480, a toll-free number dedicated to sharing information about the scheme.
If your family income is between ₹1.2-5 Lakhs annually, you are required to pay ₹100 as fees for availing the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Yojana Card for yourself and your beneficiaries.
Your Atal Amrit Abhiyan Card, with its unique identification number, needs to be shown at the impaneled hospital to avail of cashless treatment.
The Department of Health & Family Welfare of the Government of Assam has set up a separate society that is responsible for the administration of the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Society.
You can read similar articles like:-
Bihar Mukhyamantri Udyami Yojana
What Are Merchant Category Codes?